Friday, July 22, 2016

When my body doesn't know I'm a Christian.









Doesn’t my body know that I started to follow Jesus a long time ago ? Yet, why does it constantly not follow Jesus? My mind. My heart. My body. All connected, and yet all do their own thing. Christian dating is hard. Setting physical boundaries is hard. You can only read so many devotionals, Christian blogs and Bible verses on purity before you begin to wonder, what am I doing wrong? Why is none of this controlling my body?
What do you do if you’ve set physical boundaries and you’re pursuing purity in dating, yet your body is doing its own thing?


I can train my heart and my mind. I can pursue pure thoughts and try to glorify God in purity. But my body… it doesn’t listen. It does its own thing.

We were just sitting on the grass holding hands and talking by the beach, the purest action of any newly dating couple. We had set our physical boundaries and in this moment we were following them. As a Christian dating couple, we longed to bring God glory in everything we did, including the way we loved each other physically

Yet in this moment, my body didn’t care. Our bodies were connected only by our hands, but my body had already begun preparing for sex. Without breaking any boundaries, my body had made its own decision. My body wanted sex. - Joy Pedro

I stumbled on this sometime ago and I recall that recently I've seen a lot of couples going celibate. Its never an easy task especially when you are alone and sometimes cuddle and before you know you have started dancing instead of  clapping. Apostle Paul said "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."
Here 's one thing I know about celibate relationships
Be honest with yourself and your boyfriend. Are there specific situations you should avoid? Scenarios that allow more chances for your body to betray you? When he knows you are struggling, he will help you. If he’s a godly man, he will fight with you and partner beside you. Together, you can pursue purity.

Thoughts?


Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE  follow us on instagram HEREShare this post to your friends, families.enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.

Osayuwamen Favour Nosakhare 



15 comments:

  1. This will resonate with a lot of single Christians. It was the story of my life before I got married.

    *le sigh*

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, the body no dey like to obey God's word, e dey act like say ime no dey even hear word of God... Buh we gotta fight on, beat it to subjection. The Spirit-man has to gain ascendance over this body of ours'. Buh like u spelt out, one shld avoid being in a secluded place if u r still struggling with your flesh. Favourmoyse...Keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate with this very well. Nice write up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice.
    Body no be firewood.....R. Kelly 2008





    www.irenebernards.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly, I can relate to this. Sometimes I feel it starts with the mind, once the mind has conceive it then the body acts.


    www.miimisdiary.com  


    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! This couldnt have come at a better time. Thank you for sharing this❤

    www.portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sex is simply part of human nature no matter how much we try to fight it, hence the reason why Priests still indulge in it secretly after taking an oath of celibacy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, as the Bible said, "the fruits of the flesh". It will always want it wants I think. I believe it is our job to fight that, to ignore it and keep treating our body like a temple. For me, I think of it like a physical temple. A temple gets dusty no. There might be litter. It is our job to keep maintaining that temple. It is not just something that's just clean. It is something requires constant cleaning.
    Sorry I couldn't bring out my thoughts well. They always sound better in your head eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Christian singles

    ReplyDelete

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...